The Wendy Wagner Foundation 2018 Creative Award
Region: Houston, Harris County, Texas
The Wendy Wagner Foundation for Funding Creativity is a 501(C)(3) with a mission to provide ongoing support to the creative women who impact our lives through their art. The Wendy Wagner Foundation 2018 Creative Award is an unrestricted grant of $1,500 given to one female visual artist within the greater Houston area who demonstrates original expressions of contemporary art.
• The The Wendy Wagner Foundation 2018 Creative Award was established in 2018 to preserving the spirit, vision and legacy of artist Wendy Wagner.
• Recognizes exceptional talent among women in the field of contemporary art.
• The inaugural grant of $1,500 will be given in December of 2018.
• September 13, 2018 – Call for Artists begins
• December 1, 2018 – Deadline for Entries
• December 21, 2018 – Notification of Finalists
The Wendy Wagner Foundation 2018 Award is open to female contemporary visual artists, 21 years or older living and working in the city of Houston/Harris County. Individual artists and collaboratives working in all visual media and at any stage in their career are strongly encouraged to apply.
The application process is open to all female visual artists who:
• Live and work in Harris County.
• Have resided in H/HC for at least one year prior to the application deadline.
• Are not currently enrolled in an art-related degree program or long-term residency, nor planning to attend an art-related degree program or long-term residency in the coming year.
• Are not related to WWF directors in any way.
Visual artists working in any media may apply: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, stills of video/film, sculpture (of any type of material), ceramics, mixed/multiple medias, installation, and other new or alternative medias.
Collaboratives are welcome to apply within a single application. One person from the collaborative should be listed as the contact person for that application.
We cannot accept submissions for music, theatre, or dance.
Submissions will be reviewed by a select panel of Houston artists, collectors and directors.
Conflict of Interest Policy: WWF requires jurors to disclose any potential conflicts of interest. If a personal relationship exists between a juror and an applicant that may compromise the ability of the juror to act as a neutral evaluator, the juror is required abstain from voting for that applicant.
We notify each applicant of the results at the conclusion of our review process. The name and work of the grant recipient and a link to their website (if applicable) will be published on our website.
If you have questions, reach us through our contact form or by emailing email@example.com.
Right to Reproduce
The Wendy Wagner Foundation for Funding Creativity reserves the right to photograph exhibited work, and use photographs – or the artist’s entry images – in both printed and electronic materials for publicity and promotion.
We are unable to email confirmation of received submissions. Although we do notify artists of the results at the conclusion of our review process.
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Link to your website, if available
• 3-5 digital files of your work
• A CV, resume, or brief bio that includes your name
• An artist statement which provides insight into your submitted work. In less than 250 words, describe your vision and creative process. The statement should include any relevant details on special processes or techniques you have utilized creating your work.
*Each uploaded file must be labeled with your full name and content. For example: sally.smith.resume.pdf or sally.smith.image1.jpg.